- Rental Conditions
- Rentals are NOT permitted on behalf of another party. Only Member(s) listed on the rental contract are permitted to submit the contract and pick up/return community center key and security deposit. This ensures responsibility remain within the Association.
- Renter must be 21+ years of age and provide proof of residency.
- Renter’s property must be in good standing (no outstanding account balances or open property violations). Tenants must be registered with the Association and have been given right of use for Common Area Facilities.
- Renter shall pick up and return the community center key on the dates specified in this contract. Association does not permit Renter or Renter’s property to enter the building before or after the times specified on this contract.
- Renter is responsible for all damages to the community center and surrounding premises. The Association is not liable to Renter, Renter’s guests, or invitees for any damage whether to person or property caused by the failure of any plumbing, heating, sewage, electricity, water or gas systems or for failure of any other fixture. Renter indemnifies and holds the Association harmless and without fault or liability for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, which occurs during the rental from either personal or property damage sustained by Renter, Renter’s guest or invitees. Moreover, Renter indemnifies and holds the Association harmless for any and all costs or expenses, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees and costs, incurred by the Association arising out of any claim by the Association, on behalf of, or against Renter, Renter’s guests, invitees or servants.
- Decorations may only be adhered to walls with painter’s tape. Push pins and all other adhering substances are prohibited.
- Noise ordinance for PWC is in effect from 10:00pm – 6:00am. Please keep noise to a minimum and doors closed during this time. Any report from the police of violation of this ordinance will result in full forfeiture of security deposit.
- All rentals end at 1:00am; security alarms are automatically set at this time.
- Ticket sales prior to the event or at the entrance to the community center area are not permitted.
- The sale of alcohol is prohibited. Consumption of alcoholic beverages by Renter or Renter’s guests or invitees must be in accordance with Virginia law. Association assumes no responsibility for injuries to Renter or Renter’s guests and invitees as a result of the consumption of alcoholic beverages on the premises.
- No smoking or fog machines in the community centers. No fires are permitted in the ornamental fireplace at Tall Oaks.
- In case of fire or emergency dial 9-1-1. Association staff and their designated agents, including PWC Police, OWL Rescue Squad, and Fire Department have authorized access to the community centers during rental times.
- In the event of a rental emergency, contact Association staff at 703-932-1754.
Noncompliance with any conditions may result in Association Representatives, Prince William County Police Department, and/or Prince William County Fire Department terminating the event and loss of security deposit.
The Association may charge an additional fee for significant damage or breach of contract to center. The specific amount will be set forth on a case by case basis by the Recreation Department Director in an addendum to the rental agreement. The Association has authority to suspend future use of centers. For subsequent rentals already reserved, pre-paid rental fees may be forfeited at the discretion of the Association.
Security Deposit & Key Return
If there has been no breach of contract, the security deposit check/money order will be released back to renter at time of key return. If there has been any breach of contract, payment will be due at time of key return.
- Payment Option 1: check, money order or credit/debit card will be accepted for the exact amount due & security deposit voided
- Payment Option 2: full security deposit will be processed as payment & refund check in the amount of the difference mailed
Cancellation / Reschedule Requests
A written request must be submitted in order to cancel or change a reservation. Email Recreation with your name & address, community center & date reserved, and reason for cancelling or rescheduling. If the request is approved, bring the previously filled out contract to the office for adjustments and pay applicable fee.
Cancellation Date / Reschedule Request Date Refund Granted / Fee Charged
30 or more business days prior to rental date = Rental fee minus 10%
Between 10 and 30 business days prior to rental date = Rental fee minus 20%
Fewer than 10 business days prior to rental date = No refund granted
In the event of inclement weather, the Association will make every effort to plow the community center parking lots and keep sidewalks clear. If conditions become too unsafe and Prince William County government has cancelled activities or closed, the Association will contact you to give you the option to reschedule to a later date (within 6 months) or to obtain a refund.