Lake Ridge Association | Weekly News Flash | 12350 Oakwood Drive | 703-491-2154 | lakeridgeva.com
This week’s updates for COVID-19
See the Association’s most up-to-date information on our Community Alerts page, including previously listed closures or changes to Association activities and policies. This week, the Association put the following on hold in accordance with CDC recommendations:
- Community Centers: Previously booked rentals have been cancelled through June 10; the Association will not be booking new reservations until the Office re-opens.
- Youth Leagues: Participants may refer to emails sent out from our youth league coordinator Amanda Ahmadi with details about rolling over registration to the fall season (mid-August to October). Those who do not submit response forms by April 30 will be transferred to fall registration automatically.
- Events: The Spring Yard Sale has been cancelled for May 2 and the Taste of Lake Ridge has been cancelled for May 7.
How to make payments, call with questions & submit forms
- Payments: Make assessment payments online or drop them off in the black drop box to the right of the front door with your account number, property address and phone number included. Checks and money orders should be made out to "LRPRA".
- Calls: Even though the Office is closed to the public, you may continue to call 703-491-2154 as normal with any questions and listen to the prompt for directions. Departments are teleworking and returning calls as efficiently as possible.
- Forms: All forms can be found on our website and submitted through email. Please label envelopes as to which department the enclosed information should be directed to.
Bulk pickup suspension & yard waste limit from Charlie & Son
At a time when we are all home looking for things to do, what better to do than clean out our homes! We all seem to have the same idea. Unfortunately, with this comes an influx of trash and large items for disposal, the amount of which one trash service does not have the capacity to handle all at once. Charlie & Son is working diligently to continue their duties, and the safety of their customers, community and staff are very important. Please read the following updates to their services during this time:
- Bulk Pickup Suspension: As Prince William County Landfill has temporarily suspended bulk drop off, Charlie & Son is requesting all residents to hold bulk items within their homes. Please be conscious of all trash disposal practices at this time, referencing Trash Rules and Regulations if you have any questions.
- Yard Waste Guidelines: Starting on Monday, April 6, all residents are required to reduce yard waste bags to a maximum of 2. Please reference the following information below in relation to yard waste pick up:
- All grass, leaves and flower bushes must be bagged or placed in a covered trash can and then placed on the curb. Bushes or limbs up to 3 inches in diameter, are to be tied up into 3 to 4 ft. lengths. This will be at a maximum of 2 bags or trash cans per household.
- There is a 35-lb. weight restriction on all yard waste bags. Note: Charlie and Son will use their own discretion to determine weight and will not pick up rocks, sod, dirt, bricks, cinder blocks, iron, paint, mulch, hazardous or flammable material/liquids, or limbs/logs greater than 3 inches in diameter.
- Brush with thorns must be neatly tied up or cut up in 3-4 foot lengths and put in the trash can not to exceed the height of the trash can.
Complete your 2020 Census
Recently, you should have received instructions in the mail for completing your 2020 Census questionnaire online. Our communities depend on information from the Census Bureau to fund programs that promote the well-being of families and children as well as equal employment opportunities for you and your neighbors. If you have not already responded, please take a few minutes to complete your brief 10-minute 2020 Census questionnaire utilizing the Census ID you received in the mail. If you do not respond online, the Census Bureau will mail a paper questionnaire to your home address over the next few weeks. For more information on the 2020 Census, visit PWC Census 2020.
Registration available online for Preschool & Summer Camp
Even though the Office is closed to the public, you can register online! Fill out & email the applicable registration form & financial contract, and Recreation will call you to accept payment.
- Preschool 2020-2021: A few of our classes are almost full for the 2020-2021 school year! As a program that is state licensed with low teacher-to-student ratio, lunchtime AND competitive pricing, you can see why we are trusted in the community as a fantastic choice for residents of Lake Ridge and beyond.
- Summer Camp 2020: Get the kids’ summer activities all lined up after a quarantined spring by registering for our beloved neighborhood camp! We begin the week of June 15th and finish up the week of August 3rd. Out program offers themed weeks with local field trips and days packed from 8:30AM - 5:00PM with a variety of activities, including built-in daily swim time at our exclusive community pools!
Other resources for Covid-19 updates
As this pandemic information changes day-to-day, LRPRA Administration will strive to provide resources and information to help us all through this time. Please keep in mind information we receive may change from the morning to the evening, and you can check these sources directly for updates:
- Executive Order Fifty-Five signed March 30, 2020: Governor Northam, in consultation with State Health Commissioner Oliver, may adjust this order or issue new orders as needed, given the quickly-changing public health situation. This Executive Order was effective March 30, 2020, amends Order of Public Health Emergency One and Executive Order 53, and shall remain in full force and in effect until June 10, 2020, unless amended or rescinded by further executive order.
- Prince William County: In an effort to provide ongoing information regarding COVID-19, PWC is offering several new tools that residents can now access. Visit their website for resources.
Follow Lake Ride Association on social media & subscribe to community updates!