Lake Ridge Association | Weekly News Flash | 12350 Oakwood Drive | 703-491-2154 | lakeridgeva.com
Labor Day observed by LRPRA
LRPRA Staff will observe the holiday on Monday, September 7th. Teleworking procedures will resume from 8:00am to 5:00pm on Tuesday, September 8th. For a common area emergency ONLY, email Facilities. The LRPRA staff would like to wish everyone a safe weekend.
September quarterly Assessment due
If you have not paid your quarterly assessment, please do so in a timely manner to avoid the first late fee. Your attention to this matter is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Last day of the pool season is Monday, September 7
The two pools that have been open for the summer of 2020, Ridgewood and Canterbury, will close for the summer season at end of business Monday. Enjoy those last few splashes of the summer!
Board of Directors Bi-Monthly Meeting
Tuesday, September 8 | Tall Oaks Community Center | 7:00pm//Agenda
For virtual login information to listen in on the meeting, email Doug Milburn, Director of Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm (EST) the day of the meeting.
Board of Directors Call for Candidates
Applications for the LRPRA Board of Directors election for 2021 will be available in early October. In order to be eligible, all applicants must complete the application and be in good standing with LRPRA. This includes no delinquencies or covenants violations. If you are interested in applying, please contact our Director of Administration, Doug Milburn, at email@example.com.
Lake Ridge Deer Management & Conservation
LRDM&C begins their seventh hunting season on Saturday, September 5. The season extends thru Sunday, February 28. Archers must hunt from an elevated platform at least 10 feet above the ground, using the ground as a backstop. Hunting areas can be seen on the LRDM&C webpage. Conservation information is also available on the webpage.
In addition to LRPRA, LRDM&C also coordinates with Prince William Police and Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources (formerly Department of Game and Inland Fisheries) to ensure safe and legal hunting. It is illegal to intentionally or willfully impede lawful hunting.
It is now illegal to intentionally or unintentionally feed deer. Feeding concentrates deer and promotes the spread of disease. Chronic Wasting Disease (similar to mad cow disease in cattle and scabies in sheep) is of special concern and can remain present at the site for over 3 years. For this reason, Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources takes feeding deer very seriously. Additionally, deer corn commonly contains aflatoxins at levels well above the minimum allowed for human consumption. It does not affect the deer, but is fatal to other wildlife, especially birds and we do have a growing presence of turkeys in LRPRA. A number of deer harvested last year did contain corn indicating that some residents our jeopardizing wildlife.
Take the pups swimming at the Doggie Paddle on September 12
Saturday, September 12 | Canterbury Woods Pool | 9-10am, 10:30-11:30am, 12-1pm
It’s almost time for one of our favorite events of the summer! Come on out the morning of the event to sign up for a one-hour session of fun. Register day of event-- Pay $10 per dog (cash not accepted) and provide dog license number. Masks will be required and capacity will be limited.
Prince William County Labor Day Closings
PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY, VA - All Prince William County Government offices will close on Sept. 7 in observance of Labor Day.
Additional Labor Day closings include:
- The Prince William County Landfill and the Balls Ford Road Yard Waste Composting Facility will close at 2 p.m. Sept. 7 and reopen Sept. 8.
- All Prince William County Library branches will close for contact-free holds pick up from Sept. 5 through Sept. 7 and reopen Sept. 8.
- Full-service library branches at Bull Run, Chinn Park, Haymarket Gainesville, Montclair and Potomac, which allow a limited number of visits by appointment, will also close from Sept. 5 through Sept.7 and reopen on Sept. 8.
- Prince William County Courts will close on Sept. 7.
Occoquan River & LRPRA Hooes Run Boat Ramp clean-up
- The clean-up is scheduled for Saturday, September 12, 2020 from 9:00am - 2:00pm (rain date September 19, 2020).
- One of the designated cleanup sites is the LRPRA Boat Ramp on Hooes Run. Attached is a map showing the general water and land clean-up areas for planning purposes. A Flyer is also attached.
- Interested participants should REGISTER at www.pwtsc.org for any new information and cancellation updates. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fantasy playground Annual Maintenance
Fantasy Playground is scheduled for annual fall restoration and will be closed Monday, September 21 through Friday, October 2nd. Please visit one of our 16 tot lots located throughout the community during this time.