Recreation Highlights: Preschool Spots Open for August
Preschool Spots Open: School starts soon and our program still has space for your child! Explorers and 3 Day Pre-K (5 Day FULL) still have space to get started on the 23-24 of August. Schedule a tour and sign up today!
Hiring 2 Day Teacher Assistant: Lake Ridge Creative Preschool is a state-licensed Day Center that has been a staple in the community for over 30 years. We are in need of an Assistant in the 2 Day Explorers class for 3 year olds on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 5 hours a day. Those interested are encouraged to apply now for the school year starting on August 23!
Yard Sale & Doggie Paddle: Sign up for September events starting Monday, August 1! Claim your spot in the office parking lot for our bi-annual yard sale on September 17, and sign up for a Doggie Paddle session by submitting your dog license info on the special event registration form.
Thursday Food Truck: Pakos Fresh Mex
Townhome Rollaway Trash Cart Distribution
By September 1, all LRPRA townhomes will receive new rollaway trash carts, provided by Disposal Services LLC. Once the container is received at your home, a container must be used for all scheduled household refuse collections. Schedule
Please note the following:
- Trash left in plastic bags will no longer be accepted once rollaway carts are distributed.
- LRPRA's contract with Disposal Services states that one bin will be provided to each home
- Neither Disposal Services nor LRPRA are responsible for replacement of lost, destroyed, or stolen carts.
- Per LRPRA governing documents, rollaway trash carts must not be left out or in plain sight on days when there is no scheduled trash collection.
If you are already using a personal trash container:
- To dispose of an old container, place out for collection with a label notating it as "trash".
- To continue using a personal trash container, please call or email Disposal Services and the new container will be collected:
Assessment Payment News
New Assessment Payment Coupons: The FY2023 assessment payment coupons were mailed August 4th. Please note you have a different account number with Vantaca, our new HOA system. Please include your FY2023 payment coupon or add your new account number on all payments to receive credit for your payment. Please do not use old payment coupons. If you do not receive your coupon book by August 20th, please submit a Coupon Request Form which is available on our website.
June 1 Assessment Payments: If you are one of the homeowners that still has not paid your JUNE assessment payment, you are at risk of losing your quarterly payment option. Your June payment must be received by August 31 to avoid your entire ANNUAL assessment being declared due on September 1, 2022. Please contact the Association office at 703-491-2154 IF you are uncertain whether you have paid your June assessment.
Late Fee Changes: The Board of Directors approved amendments to the Assessment Collection Rule. This rule, originally approved April 19, 2005, authorizes the charging of late fees. A copy of the amended Assessment Collection Rule can be viewed by following this link, or you may request a copy by email or by calling the office at (703) 491-2154. Beginning September 1, 2022, a $50 late fee is charged on the 16th of September, December, March, and June IF:
- A quarterly assessment payment is not received and processed by the 15th of September, December, March or June; or
- An assessment account has an unpaid balance of $100 or greater on the 15th of September, December, March or June
Neighborhood Roadwork by Subdivision
It's that time of year for neighborhood roadwork, to include paving, sealing and striping, and asphalt repair. Residents should keep an eye out for signs posted in their neighborhood 48-72 hours prior to roadwork. A general timeline for subdivisions will be maintained as close to schedule as possible. Please note changes to the prior schedule have occurred.
Please note that any email address provided to LRPRA will be used for Association communication only.