Lake Ridge Association | Weekly News Flash | 12350 Oakwood Drive | 703-491-2154 | lakeridgeva.com
Next weekend, find summer work opportunities at the Teen Job Fair
A summer job is an important part of growing up for middle to high school age students. On March 14th from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM at Tall Oaks, the Association will gather together local businesses in need of seasonal employees and volunteers, typically between the ages of 14-18. Many businesses have applications to submit on the spot, so come prepared with confidence and a smile to make a good impression! See event details for the list of jobs represented & their required ages.
Board of Directors meeting next Tuesday
Tuesday, March 10th | 8:00 PM | Tall Oaks Community Center (12298 Cotton Mill Dr.) Agenda for the meeting.
Pay March assessment now to avoid late fees
The quarterly assessment for March was DUE March 1st. Sign up to receive reminders before the due date to ensure you won’t miss your payment. To avoid the first late fee, payment is due by March 15th. If you have already paid your quarterly assessment, please disregard this reminder.
Here are 5 reasons to sign up for Lake Ridge Creative Preschool
Classes are filling for the 2020-2021 school year! If you’re on the fence, schedule a tour to see for yourself or check out a few stand-out reasons you can send your 3-4 year old to Lake Ridge Creative Preschool with confidence:
- State Licensed | Strict regulations like background checks, CPR certification, First Aid, state inspections and ongoing training are followed closely, providing a safe and healthy environment
- Competitive Prices | Costs are fair to keep up with facility needs & growth while remaining a community focused program
- Low Teacher-to-Student Ratio | At 1:8, our low teacher-student ratio gives each child ample attention and support
- Includes Lunchtime | At no extra cost, students enjoy the socialization of sharing meals together and the opportunity to learn table manners
- Trusted in the Community & Beyond | With 20+ years as a community staple, families leave with memories & fully equipped 3-4 year olds with the skills for Kindergarten
Sign up for Summer Camp early & save
Get the kids’ summer entertainment all taken care of with Lake Ridge Summer Camp, spanning the week of June 15th to the week of August 3rd. We offer themed weeks with local field trips that kids love to come back for year after year. Unlike many other day camps in the area, our camp is all-day from 8:30am - 5:00pm and packed with a variety of activities, including built-in daily swim time at our exclusive community pools. Registration opened Monday, March 2nd. Read more about the weekly themes, prices and more to plan your summer now!
Spring forward Saturday for daylight saving time
"Spring" your clocks forward 1 hour Saturday night, March 7th. One day closer to the first day of spring!
Neighborhood safety: crime statistic maps & residential driving safety tips
CityProtect Maps: On behalf of PWC Police Department, find directions to research crime statistics in your community through CityProtect Maps.
Neighborhood Driving Safety Tips: When you’re behind the wheel of a car – whether alone or with passengers – driving safely is a top concern, especially in residential areas. We’re more distracted than ever, so it’s crucial to know the basics of safe driving and practice them every time you’re on the road. Here are some safe driving tips from the PWC Police Department:
- Look for pedestrians everywhere. They may be walking in unexpected areas, or may be hard to see-- especially at night, in poorly lit areas, or in bad weather.
- Follow safety laws in your state or local area-- always stop or yield for pedestrians in the crosswalk.
- Never pass vehicles stopped at a crosswalk. They might be stopped to allow pedestrians to cross the street.
- Stay alert where children may be present, for instance in school zones and neighborhoods.
- Slow down and carefully adhere to posted speed limits, particularly in urban and pedestrian-heavy areas. Speed is one of the most important factors in pedestrian crash survivability.
Follow Lake Ride Association on social media & subscribe to community updates!